At Bravo, we offer career development and career management solutions for a range of people. Our comprehensive Education Services address the needs of student, their parents and teachers – offering valuable insights and advice to ensure positive career outcomes, tailored to the unique needs of the individual.
If you are a student who is keen to fulfil their professional potential as you move into the workforce, a clear and achievable career plan is vital. But how to create such a focused plan? First, professional goals need to be clarified. Then, you must identify realistic strategies that will help you reach those goals.
The Bravo Career Development Program helps students to derive meaning from learning. By giving you the clarity to help you form the necessary goals, we help you realize a satisfying and productive career.
The program covers;
- An exploration and improved understanding of self.
- The development of effective self-management behaviours and habits.
- The ability to acquire a greater sense of control over both your life and career.
- The creation of an achievable action plan to drive your career strategy effectively.
- Your personal responsibility for actively managing your career plan, as well as your ability to become a lifelong learner in professional development.
For Teaching Staff
To ensure the success of Career Development for students, it is important to create the right mindset amongst teaching staff. This helps facilitate effective career development work within their student group.
The Bravo program for teaching staff is an open and consultative process that engages the teacher/lecturer and ensures appropriate participation in the students’ career development process – creating positive outcomes for both student and teacher.
The program covers;
- An understanding of how Career Development supports and informs student self-awareness and self-management
- A comprehensive review of how employability skills development is deployed within the current curriculum, as well as how it relates to career-specific exploration and goals
- The support of students, through instigation of informed career-based discussions
- Refined communication, problem-solving, planning and organisational skills to support the best possible career-planning outcomes for students
When it comes to achieving effective career development, the role of the parent in providing support and appropriate encouragement to the student in achieving effective career development cannot be overestimated.
The Bravo program for parents aims to provide a thorough understanding of the career development process. This gives parents the knowledge and confidence to provide meaningful support that will be sensitive, appropriate and valued by the student.
The Bravo Program achieves this by
- Providing an understanding of the importance of the parent role in young people’s career decision-making
- Supporting parents in learning how to have more informed career-based discussions with their children to appropriately support the work done at school
- Demonstrating how to manage parents’ own stress experienced during this process
- Identifying how to ask useful, productive questions that actively help the student achieve their best possible outcome
- Recognising and flagging danger signs in their children’s decision-making
- Identifying what you can do and what you can’t
Completion of this program will provide parents with invaluable insights into how to effectively role-model for their children. In the process, participants will experience a new level of conversation that will be mutually enjoyable and beneficial – for both parent and child.